Translate

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I Have Survived....

I have survived the dentist to bring everyone an update on Nightseer by Laurell K Hamilton. Last night I reached page 200 out of 303 and man do I wish I hit the end.

I love Laurell K Hamilton's series Anita Blake but this book has taken me two months to get through and that never happens.

Here's the synopsis from the back of the book:

"The mark of a demon can open the door to undreamed of powers and possibilities--or expose a soul to the darkest and most forbidden forces of sorcery. Now Kelios wears the mark--and the time of avenging her mother's death is at hand..."

Sounds really interesting right?

A daughter who happens to be a sorceress avenging her mother in this mystical world. Who wouldn't want to read that?

As it so happens however, it's a slow book to start. The thing that makes it for me hard to get through right now is the fact that it's slow then it speeds up then it slows down. Now it's like this throughout the book and that would make anyone tired.

To summarize most of what I have read, Harque killed Kelios' mother and from there Kelios became a type of sorceress and prophecy girl. She prophesied her mother's death and then the fall of the Keep, where many people from small children and up go to learn their craft, fall

When the Keep fell however what she did not see coming was that the High Councilman was going to mark her and those who helped her try to save the Keep a traitor and was to be sent to exile.

Right now I'm going to see how they manage being in exile because they all have these manacles on that cancel out all magic. That hurts Kelios badly because she's half-elf and an elf was made of magic. Just putting those manacles on made Kelios feel like she was dying.

Maybe tonight will finally be the night that I finish this book.

Anyone else read this book? Or any Laurell K Hamilton?

No comments: