Translate

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Falling Behind Again by Three Books

Yes, I know that I made a promise and I'm falling horribly behind on it. See my computer crashed and I had to get it fixed. In the day and a half that I didn't have my computer I went through three books.

Totally involved in the Night Prince Series, I finished them in record time for me. I also started writing again so I put some energy into that as well.

Needless to say I have some catching up to do.

This is the first book in the Night Prince Series by Jeaniene Frost. I posted the synopsis from the back of the book, I believe last Thursday or so. I re-shared it though so feel free to look at it. 

Since I'm done with the book however, this is not a synopsis. 

Leila just wants to live out the rest of her life as normal as possible. It's not that easy to begin with since when she was 13 she touched a live wire behind her house. Now she can electrocute people with the slightest touch and glean psychic impressions with her right hand. With one touch of her right hand she can tell you your darkest sin as well as find your past, find you in the present and sometimes your future. 

She had made herself a decent life working with her vampire friend Marty in a carnival. Then one accident changed all of that. 

While she was out looking for Marty one day, Leila accidentally caught a guy that was going to murder his wife because she had wanted a divorce. That one touch of her hand gave her a status she would live to be thankful for....but the thankful feeling comes later. Much later. 

First she has to get through being kidnapped by, I think, four crazy vampires that kidnap her to try and find the vampire that killed their friend. Weird right, revenge? Anyway, that wasn't the real gold mine. 

The whole point of them finding her and her finding this vamp was for another vampire. Yes, there was one behind the creepy four puling their strings. 

And the vampire Leila had to find....none other than Vlad Tepesh, THE Vlad Tepesh, the vampire behind the Dracula stories but to save your own life, never call him Dracula. 

There's something that burns bright between those two and Leila refuses to accept it at first. She's lived a very jaded life because of her accident and she is not enthused with Vlad's demeanor. 

He's brutal and violent.....and she can't deny that she wants him like she's never wanted anyone before. 

This whole book lays the ground work for a relationship between Leila and Vlad plus it flushes out that Vlad's enemy is one that he's had for centuries. It just took him a while to gather the strength to fight against Vlad. 

This book is a must read in my opinion. I dare not say too much more for I wouldn't want to give anything away.

Enjoy :)

No comments: